NEW DELHI: Smartphone maker Realme is busy rolling out Android 11 updates for its smartphones. Last week the company rolled out Android 11 update for its C-series smartphone and now it is updating the mid-range X-series smartphone.
The company has started rolling out Android 11 update for its Realme X7 Pro smartphone. With the latest Android update, the smartphone also receives Realme UI 2.0 update.
Realme said that in order to ensure the stability of this update is being rolled out in a staged manner. The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs.
The update comes with version number RMX2121_11.C.03 and Realme advises the users to charge the smartphone completely before downloading the update.
With Android 11 update, Realme X7 Pro users will be able to experience features like default screen recorder, better media controller, native smart home control, one-time permission to apps, security fixes via Google Play and others.
Here’s the complete changelog of the update
• Personalise the user interface to make it your own
• You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colours from your photos.
• Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
• Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode, and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
• You can now drag text, images or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split-screen mode.
• Optimised the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customised.
• Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
• You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
• Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
• Optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
• Optimised “Auto brightness”.
• You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
• Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by name, install time or usage frequency to find an app more quickly.
Security and Privacy
• You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
• More powerful SOS functions
• Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
• Optimised “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
• Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
• You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
• You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
• Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
• Optimised the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
• You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
• You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
• You can create multiple backups for your phone.
• Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
• Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
• Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.