We have already covered the steps to install Android 12 beta on Pixel devices here. But, if you own one of the eligible non-Pixel Android devices and want to get an early taste of Android 12, here’s how you can download and install the Android 12 beta on your device.
Basic requirements to install Android 12 beta
Android 12 installation file: Which you will have to download from the official website
Working internet connection: For downloading and installing the beta update
Backup: Android 12 beta can be unstable, so make sure to backup all the important files and data before installing the update.
Disclaimer: As per Android 12 beta website
The updates that you’ll receive as a part of this program are pre-release versions, and may contain errors and defects that can affect the normal functioning of your device.
You will not be able to unenroll and revert back to a lower public release version of Android without first wiping all locally saved data on your device. You may also encounter issues restoring a backup.
How to install Android 12 beta on OnePlus smartphones
Compatible devices: OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Video call function is not available
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
Steps to follow:
First, download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from here.
For now, OnePlus has removed the download package link based on user’s feedback.
Transfer the downloaded zip file to smartphone’s local storage
Now, head to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> select on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%
Tap Restart, once the installation is complete
How to install Android 12 beta on Xiaomi smartphones
Compatible devices: Mi11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11I AND Mi 11X Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11:
- Users have to swipe all the way to the top to unlock the device.
- There might be instances where the system restarts automatically.
- Unable to use Emergency calls when the screen is locked.
- Information (such as time and battery) display bug in Status bar.
Mi 11 Ultra:
- Users have to swipe all the way to the top to unlock the devices.
- The touch point in the bottom navigation bar is a bit lower than the finger position.
- Small window may pop up when making screen-off calls.
- Information (such as time and battery) display bugs in Status bar.
- Gallery may stop running when editing videos.
Mi 11i/Mi 11X Pro:
- “Earphone” icon doesn’t show in the status bar when the earphones are inserted.
- Unable to find a TV device in Cast.
- There may be crashes after making an emergency call and checking the call records.
Steps to follow:
Download the Android 12 beta package for the respective smartphones using the link below:
Xiaomi Android 12 beta package download link: https://www.mi.com/global/service/support/androidsbeta.html
Now, use the Xiaomi fastboot installer method to install the update on the Xiaomi device.
How to install Android 12 beta on Vivo smartphones
Compatible devices: Vivo IQOO7
Known issues: Nothing mentioned by Vivo yet
Steps to follow:
Click here and download the Android 12 beta package for IQOO7
Copy the file to smartphone storage
Head to Settings->System update->Local Upgrade, you can find the software package, then select “Update now”when prompted.
Wait for the upgrade to be completed.